Enjoy a healthier relationship with lots of benefits without the potential for heartache.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, many of you may be thinking of ways to enrich your current relationship, find yourself a new one, ask out that person you’ve had your eye on for a while, or maybe even enter into some form of mutually beneficial friendship that provides certain benefits 😉
Well, what about your relationship with chocolate? Chocolate with benefits!
Chocolate has many health benefits
Whilst eating too much chocolate, especially milk and white chocolate, can be detrimental to your health (too much of anything can be bad for you), there are many benefits that chocolate provides when enjoyed in moderation and as part of a healthy diet.
- Studies have shown that dark chocolate is packed with nutrients and rich in antioxidants. It has even been found that regularly consuming around 28g of chocolate can lower your risk of coronary artery disease!
- Dark chocolate could also lower your risk of poor heart health, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
- There are multiple reported benefits that chocolate can have on your brain. Research indicates that chocolate can stimulate the reward and pleasure pathways within the brain, decreasing stress and improving your mood. Chocolate could impact your memory and cognitive function, too, by increasing neuroplasticity, which is the brain’s way of forming new synaptic connections.
- Studies have shown that dark chocolate can be beneficial for your gut because chocolate acts like a prebiotic, encouraging “good” bacteria growth within the gut. Add to this the fact that Ohso chocolate has been proven to deliver billions of live gut-friendly bacteria more effectively than dairy products and you can see why our chocolate bars are so popular!
As you can see, a healthy relationship with chocolate can be incredibly beneficial to your overall health; much better than a situationship, we’re sure!
Don’t settle for a guilty pleasure
While getting into a relationship for the sake of the Valentine’s period can satisfy an urge, scratch an itch, or tickle your fancy, why not get into a relationship with actual, tangible benefits?
Here’s 10 reasons why chocolate is better than a relationship
- Chocolate can stay hard for ages and satisfies you even when it’s gone soft.
- Chocolate will last as long as you make it last.
- Chocolate doesn’t run a mile when you mention “commitment”.
- Chocolate doesn’t choose “the game” over time with you.
- It’s very easy to find 9 inches of chocolate.
- There’s no need to fake it with chocolate.
- You can have as much chocolate as you can handle.
- Size doesn’t matter with chocolate – it’s always good.
- You can eat chocolate safely while driving.
- You can have chocolate in the workplace, at your desk, while out in public, in the cinema, practically anywhere you want without getting in trouble.
And one more bonus one for good luck:
- You can bite the nuts as hard as you like and the chocolate won’t mind.
Fancy a bit on the side?
Or, why not have both? There’s nothing to say you can’t enjoy the feel-good emotions associated with a good relationship AND the feel-good sensations associated with chocolate at the same time!
Ohso Chocolate also makes a great gift for a loved one too… just saying.
This is your chance to win a year’s subscription of Ohso. Just tell us why you love chocolate using the box below and mention who you would share your chocolate with.